Check Your Pentax Camera's Shutter Count
Free online utility to check shutter count
A DSLR's shutter count is like the mileage of your car: it's a good idea to know it when buying, selling, or getting service. DSLR shutters generally have a specified service life, such as 100,000 actuations for the Pentax K-5 and K-7 or 200,000 actuations for the Pentax K-3.
We've set up a simple online tool that allows you to check your camera's shutter count as well as the date of manufacture. All you need to do is upload a JPEG photo straight out of your camera.
The tool also displays other EXIF data for each uploaded photo, such as shutter speed and ISO.
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- October "The Sky" Contest Finalists...
- Current K-Mount Prime Lenses (2017)
- New Pentax Price Alert Feature
- Pentax K-1 Firmware v1.43 Released
- Lumenzia Action Panel for Photoshop
- How to Modify the DA* 60-250mm F4 for Full Frame
- Announcing "Fall Colors" - Our...
- A Hands-on Look at the Pentax K-1 Silver