Check Your Pentax Camera's Shutter Count
Free online utility to check shutter count
A DSLR's shutter count is like the mileage of your car: it's a good idea to know it when buying, selling, or getting service. DSLR shutters generally have a specified service life, such as 100,000 actuations for the Pentax K-5 and K-7 or 200,000 actuations for the Pentax K-3.
We've set up a simple online tool that allows you to check your camera's shutter count as well as the date of manufacture. All you need to do is upload a JPEG photo straight out of your camera.
The tool also displays other EXIF data for each uploaded photo, such as shutter speed and ISO.
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- Comparative Review: HD vs SMC Pentax FA Limited...
- May "Flowers" Contest Finalists...
- Win an HD Pentax-FA 31, 43, or 77mm Limited:...
- Pentax K-3 III Firmware Update v1.02 Released
- K-3 III How-to: Aperture Bracketing
- Announcing Our June 2021 Photo Contest
- Pre-announcement of Pentax O-GPS2 GPS Unit
- K-3 III How-to: Using M and K Lenses