Check Your Pentax Camera's Shutter Count
Free online utility to check shutter count
A DSLR's shutter count is like the mileage of your car: it's a good idea to know it when buying, selling, or getting service. DSLR shutters generally have a specified service life, such as 100,000 actuations for the Pentax K-5 and K-7 or 200,000 actuations for the Pentax K-3.
We've set up a simple online tool that allows you to check your camera's shutter count as well as the date of manufacture. All you need to do is upload a JPEG photo straight out of your camera.
The tool also displays other EXIF data for each uploaded photo, such as shutter speed and ISO.
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- "Architectural Elements" Photo...
- Guide to Camera and Autofocus Settings for...
- Pentax KP eBook Now Available
- Pentax K-1 Firmware v1.41 Released
- Pentax 645Z Firmware v1.23 Released
- Pentax HD D FA 15-30mm F2.8 Review Posted
- Ricoh Stays Committed to Cameras & Pentax...
- Topaz Spring Sale: 40% Off Everything