Comparative Review: HD vs SMC Pentax FA Limited Lenses
By bdery in Review Announcements on Jun 20, 2021
We are excited to present our comparative review of the new HD Pentax FA Limited lenses: refreshed versions of the three SMC FA Limited lenses (31mm F1.8, 43mm F1.9, and 77mm F1.8) that have been around for two decades. Even today, this trio (sometimes called the "Three Princesses" or "Three Amigos") is considered among the best lenses available for the K-mount.
In 2021, Pentax released an updated version of the three FA Limited lenses. The update involves newer coatings, the use of curved aperture blades, and minimal cosmetic changes.
Revisiting a classic comes with a certain level of risk. The three FA Limited are popular in a large part because of their unique rendering (sometimes called "pixie dust" by users). In this review, we perform a detailed comparison of all the parameters likely to be influenced by the updates to the lenses.
Read on to see the detailed comparison of the SMC and HD FA Limited lenses!
Want to win one of the new HD FA Limiteds? To celebrate their launch, we we are giving away your choice of one of these lenses. Enter the giveaway here (ends July 31, 2021)!
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- Using Manual Lenses on the Pentax K-3 Mark III
- Pentax K-3 III Firmware Update v1.31 Released
- Post a Photo, Win a Pentax K-70!
- Irix 30mm F1.4 Dragonfly Announced for Pentax
- Announcing Our December 2021 Photo Contest
- Pentax Spotmatic: What is the Bridge Circuit?
- Holiday Special: Forum Account Upgrade & Perks
- The Making of "Black Backed Kingfisher...