Fast Sports Zooms Review
Pentax, Sigma and Tamron Comparison
By PF Staff in Review Announcements on Apr 17, 2012
For sports photography you would often go for a zoom lens so as to be able to follow the action all over the field from one vantage point. And a fast lens like F2.8 is desirable for two reasons:
- Isolate the subject using the narrow depth of field of F2.8
- F2.8 allows for a faster shutter speed which is important especially when shooting indoors
Last year, we reviewed three 70(80) - 200mm F2.8 lenses with sports photography in mind, one legacy lens (SMC Pentax-FA* 80-200mm F2.8 ED [IF]) and two lenses that are currently in production (Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 APO EX DG OS HSM and Tamron 70-200mm F2.8 Di LD (IF) Macro). Today, that review has been re-vamped with formatting an content improvements. This is one of our post popular reviews, and we hope you'll enjoy!
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- Pentax Forums Giveaway: Win a Pentax D FA★...
- March "Portrait" Contest Finalists...
- Pentax K-3 III: Available for US Pre-order
- Announcing Our April 2021 Photo Contest
- Pentax K-3 Mark III DSLR Officially Announced
- Theta Z1 51GB Announced
- The Making of "Sleepless in Seattle"
- February 2021 "Cityscape by Night"...