HD Pentax-DA 40mm F2.8 Limited In-Depth Review
Our in-depth look at the smallest DA Limited
By carpents in Review Announcements on Mar 30, 2015
Our 13-page review of the diminutive HD Pentax-DA 40mm F2.8 Limited is now up and ready to supplement our existing review of the SMC version.
We thoroughly examine the lens to see if the optics in this little Limited match its not-so-little reputation. We first look at how the lens handles, given how amazingly compact it is. How did it fare in the field?
Looking at sharpness, we compare the DA 40mm Limited to the pro-grade Pentax-DA* 16-50mm F2.8. For color and contrast, we also match the pancake against the DA* 16-50mm as well as lenses from two other brands. We then dissect the DA 40mm Limited's bokeh, its autofocus, vignetting, and distortion.
If you want to know if the HD DA 40mm Limited is still the "King of the Pancakes", you will find the answer below. Enjoy!
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- Pentax K-3 Mark III Continuous Autofocus...
- April "Urban Landscape" Contest...
- U.S. Pentax Deal Roundup: May 12, 2022
- Win a SMC Pentax DA 21mm: Special Photo Contest
- Ricoh WG-6 Firmware Update Adds Webcam...
- U.S. Pentax Deal Roundup: May 3, 2022
- Save $300 on the Pentax K-3 Mark III
- Announcing Our May 2022 Photo Contest