HD Pentax-DA 55-300mm PLM Review Posted
Pentax's fastest-focusing lens to date
By PF Staff in Review Announcements on Mar 8, 2017
The Pentax 55-300mm F4-5.8 has long been a popular choice among Pentax users— its solid image quality, convenient zoom range, and low cost were difficult to match. However, as the lens design dates back to 2008, it lacks quick or silent autofocus, and instead relies on the classic screwdrive mechanism.
2016 brought us a new lens which addresses this issue: the Pentax 55-300mm F4.5-6.3 PLM debuts the PLM motor, which delivers the fastest autofocus in any Pentax lens to date. In addition, this new lens is smaller (thanks to a collapsible design) and lighter. But does it live up to its predecessor's image quality? Will it be the new go-to lens for entry-level telephoto shooting? Read our in-depth review to find out!
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- October "The Sky" Contest Finalists...
- Current K-Mount Prime Lenses (2017)
- New Pentax Price Alert Feature
- Pentax K-1 Firmware v1.43 Released
- Lumenzia Action Panel for Photoshop
- How to Modify the DA* 60-250mm F4 for Full Frame
- Announcing "Fall Colors" - Our...
- A Hands-on Look at the Pentax K-1 Silver