Irix 15mm F2.4 Firefly & Blackstone Review Posted
Ultra-wide full-frame lenses for Pentax
By bdery in Review Announcements on Jun 11, 2018
It is rare to see a total newcomer make its mark on the conservative photography market. This is especially true regarding lenses: the main actors are essentially the same as they were some decades ago, with a few names disappearing but almost no newcomers.
Things have begun to change in recent years, with new brands emerging and trying to make a name for themselves. One such brand is Irix, which released its first product in 2016. The lens in question, the 15mm F2.4, is an ultra wide angle, rectilinear full frame lens with manual focus but fully automated exposure. It comes in two versions, optically identical but with different bodies. The more expensive version sports a metal body and weather sealing. With such a list of features, the Irix 15mm F2.4 has caught the interest of many photographers— especially Pentax K-1 shooters, faced with limited ultra-wide options available from Pentax.
In this review we put the Irix 15mm lens through its paces and see if it can deliver on its promises. How does this newcomer perform? Read our review to find out!
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- Announcing Our December, 2023 Photo Contest
- Pentax eBook Sale: Save 25%
- October 2023 "Night Scene" Photo...
- Black Friday: The Ultimate Forum Account Upgrade!
- The New "Best of Pentax Forums"...
- Pentax WG-90 point and shoot camera announced
- Now Live: November 2023 Limited Lens Giveaway
- October "Night Scene" Contest...