Lomography Daguerrotype Art 64mm f/2.9 Review
A powerful, unique creative lens
By PF Staff in Review Announcements on Oct 11, 2017
Thanks to tremendous community support, Lomography produced the Daguerrotype Achromat 64mm f/2.9 Art—its latest crowdfunded lens— not only for Canon and Nikon, but also in the Pentax K-mount.
Lomography's Daguerrotype is a 2016 replica of an historic optical design that's well over 100 years old. As such, this lens is the polar opposite of what many would expect in modern lenses. It sactifices corner-to-corner sharpness and distortion-free lines for superb creative control through dreamy rendering and unbounded aperture shapes. Want star- or heart-shaped bokeh? This lens can deliver!
Sample Daguerrotype Art photo with F4.5 Star aperture
While it's not for everyone, a lens such as this can deliver effects not possible through post-processing, and can ultimately greatly enrich your skills as a photographer. Is this unique lens right for you? Real our in-depth review to find out!
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- Moment Rugged Camera Sling Bag Review Posted
- The Making of "Dutch Reflections"
- Announcing Our March 2021 Photo Contest
- Coming in 2021: HD Pentax-DA* 16-50mm F2.8 ED...
- HD Variants of FA 31mm, 43mm, and 77mm Limiteds...
- January 2021 "Best of 2020" Photo...
- Pentax K-3 III Release Delayed Past CP+ 2021
- January "Best of 2020" Contest...