Modern Fast 50mm Shootout
Pentax-DA* 55mm, Rokinon 50mm, Pentax-D FA* 50mm F1.4
By bdery in Review Announcements on Apr 3, 2019
50mm is an almost universal focal length, available since the beginning of modern photography. With the recent launch of the Pentax-D FA* 50mm F1.4 lens, users of the K-mount now have several choices of high-quality lenses near 50mm.
Today we are happy to present a comparative review where we pitch the D FA* and see how it compares to the former normal star lens from Pentax, the DA* 55mm F1.4 and the Samyang/Rokinon 50mm F1.4. Officially designed for APS-C sensors, the 55mm can be used on full frame bodies as it covers the 35mm image circle. For its part, the Rokinon is a full frame, manual focus lens said to offer high optical performances. Launched in 2014, it was until now the most modern 50mm available on the K-mount.
How do these lenses compare? Read our review to find out!
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- Moment Rugged Camera Sling Bag Review Posted
- The Making of "Dutch Reflections"
- Announcing Our March 2021 Photo Contest
- Coming in 2021: HD Pentax-DA* 16-50mm F2.8 ED...
- HD Variants of FA 31mm, 43mm, and 77mm Limiteds...
- January 2021 "Best of 2020" Photo...
- Pentax K-3 III Release Delayed Past CP+ 2021
- January "Best of 2020" Contest...