Pentax 560mm F5.6 Unboxing
the latest super-telephoto prime from pentax
By PF Staff in Review Announcements on Feb 11, 2013
The HD Pentax 560mm F5.6 ED AW DC ($6999) super telephoto lens started shipping in the US just last week, and we are now in posession what we believe to be one of the first production examples of this lens. Today we have for you an unboxing video:
We will be posting some more first impressions later this week, so please stay tuned! This upcoming post will discuss things such as autofocus speed, general handling, and full-frame compatibility.
We have been told that this lens is designed for bird shooters who want to hand-hold their setup in the field. So far, it seems to us that Pentax has done a good job of ensuring good handling based on the lens's easy-to-hold barrel, and by supplying a case that can be used in the field as opposed to a metal monstrosity.
Not pictured in the video is the 40.5mm circular polarizer filter, which is included with the lens. This filter was previously available for the FA* telephoto lenses back in the nineties.
We will be posting an in-depth review of the 560mm lens in a few weeks, so stay tuned for that as well.
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- A few days with a Pentax KP pre-production camera
- HD Pentax D FA★ 50mm F1.4 Coming Soon
- A look at the Pentax KP from Ricoh's HQ
- Pentax KP User Manual Available
- The 7 Biggest Pentax Stories of 2016
- Hands-on with the Pentax KP
- Ricoh Imaging Exhibits at WPPI 2017
- These WPPI Deals Aren't Just for Wedding...