Pentax 645Z Review Posted
One of the most impressive Pentax cameras to date
By PF Staff in Review Announcements on Oct 20, 2014
Today we're proud to finally bring you our review of the Pentax 645Z, the impressive 51-megapixel medium format DSLR recently launched by Ricoh Imaging.
The 645Z has managed to improve on almost all the weaknesses of the 645D that came before it. It delivers superior high-ISO performance, shoots faster bursts, focuses in almost no light, offers live view and a handy tilting LCD, and can even shoot videos. Better yet, the 645Z's US launch price of $8499 is 15% lower than that of its predecessor, so it really is a win-win.
Is the 645Z the perfect camera for landscape and studio professionals? Does its affordable price tag imply compromises alongside heavy-hitters like Hasselblad or Mamiya? We'll be investigating these points thoroughly throughout the review, which includes dozens of full-size RAW and JPEG downloads of the pixel-peepers among us. We hope you enjoy!
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- Review of the Photocross 13 Sling Bag by...
- May "People - Candid or Street"...
- Irix 15mm F2.4 Firefly & Blackstone Review...
- The Making of "Lake Kilstivatnet"
- Announcing "Rivers and Fjords" - Our...
- Pentax K-1 Triple Giveaway: Summer 2018
- Pentax K-1 Upgrade Service Now Available: Guide
- "Boats" Contest Winners