Pentax D FA* 85mm F1.4 Review Posted
By bdery in Review Announcements on Sep 7, 2020
One of the most exciting lens to be released by Pentax in recent years, the D FA* 85mm F1.4, started shipping at the beginning of July 2020. Building on the standards introduced with the D FA* 50mm F1.4, the new 85mm strives to offer peerless optical capabilities, with no compromises on build quality and ruggedness.
The result is a large, heavy, and solid lens already beloved by users, witness its perfect 10/10 rating based on user reviews. 85mm has always been regarded as a sweet spot for portraits, and the D FA* was clearly designed with this application in mind. Before its inception, the reference portrait prime on K-mount has been the FA 77mm F1.8 Limited, a smaller and less expensive lens introduced more than 20 years ago.
Just how much can things improve in 20 years? Is the D FA* 85mm as good as market expectations? Read our review to find out!
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- Announcing Our December, 2023 Photo Contest
- Pentax eBook Sale: Save 25%
- October 2023 "Night Scene" Photo...
- Black Friday: The Ultimate Forum Account Upgrade!
- The New "Best of Pentax Forums"...
- Pentax WG-90 point and shoot camera announced
- Now Live: November 2023 Limited Lens Giveaway
- October "Night Scene" Contest...