Pentax D FA* 85mm F1.4 Review Posted
By bdery in Review Announcements on Sep 7, 2020
One of the most exciting lens to be released by Pentax in recent years, the D FA* 85mm F1.4, started shipping at the beginning of July 2020. Building on the standards introduced with the D FA* 50mm F1.4, the new 85mm strives to offer peerless optical capabilities, with no compromises on build quality and ruggedness.
The result is a large, heavy, and solid lens already beloved by users, witness its perfect 10/10 rating based on user reviews. 85mm has always been regarded as a sweet spot for portraits, and the D FA* was clearly designed with this application in mind. Before its inception, the reference portrait prime on K-mount has been the FA 77mm F1.8 Limited, a smaller and less expensive lens introduced more than 20 years ago.
Just how much can things improve in 20 years? Is the D FA* 85mm as good as market expectations? Read our review to find out!
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- Pentax K-3 III v1.50, K-1 II v1.40, K-1 v1.70...
- May 2022 "Ultra-wide Perspective"...
- U.S. Pentax Deal Roundup: June 22nd, 2022
- May "Ultra-wide Perspective" Contest...
- Venus Laowa Offers 15mm F4.5 R Zero-D Shift for...
- Ricoh Releases Pentax O-GPS2 GPS Unit
- The Making of "Mirror City"
- U.S. Pentax Deal Roundup: June 2nd, 2022