Pentax FA 77mm F1.8 Limited Review Posted
Detailed test on full-frame
By bdery in Review Announcements on Apr 4, 2018
The three FA Limited lenses from Pentax have a reputation bordering on cult status. With good reason: these small primes, superbly assembled and delivering excellent optical performances, are a rarity in the modern market.
With the release of the Pentax K-1 full frame camera, it is time to revisit our reviews of these legendary lenses and see how they perform with a high-resolution large sensor.
Following our reviews of the FA 31mm on full-frame, we continue this series with a review of the FA 77mm F1.8, with the review of the FA 43mm to follow next week. A serious contender for the "best Pentax lens ever made" contest that was held a few years ago, the 77mm represents, for many, the ideal portrait lens. Unobtrusive, compact, fast and superbly crafted, the 77mm has many admirers and few critics.
The 77mm is the most recent of the FA Limited, but is still more than 15 years old. Can it still hold its own in 2018?
Read our FA 77mm review to find out!
For reference, here is our old review on APS-C.
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- April 2023 "Reflection" Photo Contest...
- Pentax Film Project: Lost Engineering Being Reborn
- Pentax Custom Image Guide: From Satobi to Harubeni
- New versions of the FA 50mm F1.4
- April "Reflection" Contest Finalists...
- Ricoh announces 97% profit increase for Fiscal...
- The K1000 that Survived Being Run Over by a Tank
- Announcing Our May, 2023 Photo Contest