Pentax FA 77mm F1.8 Limited Review Posted
Detailed test on full-frame
By bdery in Review Announcements on Apr 4, 2018
The three FA Limited lenses from Pentax have a reputation bordering on cult status. With good reason: these small primes, superbly assembled and delivering excellent optical performances, are a rarity in the modern market.
With the release of the Pentax K-1 full frame camera, it is time to revisit our reviews of these legendary lenses and see how they perform with a high-resolution large sensor.
Following our reviews of the FA 31mm on full-frame, we continue this series with a review of the FA 77mm F1.8, with the review of the FA 43mm to follow next week. A serious contender for the "best Pentax lens ever made" contest that was held a few years ago, the 77mm represents, for many, the ideal portrait lens. Unobtrusive, compact, fast and superbly crafted, the 77mm has many admirers and few critics.
The 77mm is the most recent of the FA Limited, but is still more than 15 years old. Can it still hold its own in 2018?
For reference, here is our old review on APS-C.
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- Announcing Our March 2021 Photo Contest
- Coming in 2021: HD Pentax-DA* 16-50mm F2.8 ED...
- HD Variants of FA 31mm, 43mm, and 77mm Limiteds...
- January 2021 "Best of 2020" Photo...
- Pentax K-3 III Release Delayed Past CP+ 2021
- January "Best of 2020" Contest...
- Laowa 100mm f/2.8 2x Ultra Macro APO Review Posted
- There's something special about that lens:...