HD Pentax-DA 10-17mm F3.5-4.5 Fisheye Review Posted
By bdery in Review Announcements on Nov 10, 2019
Launched in 2006, the SMC Pentax-DA 10-17mm Fisheye lens has long been the widest APS-C lens available from Pentax. As a well-regarded but niche product, the lens has been used creatively by a fair number of users.
In 2019, Pentax launched an updated version of this lens. Benefiting from improved HD coatings, the new version is in many ways similar to its predecessor, but adds the possibility to remove the lens hood. While not advisable for APS-C shooters, removing the hood offers full frame users the ability to capture nearly circular images. This option opens up new markets for the lens.
In this review, we take a look at the physical characteristics and optical performance of the HD DA 10-17mm Fisheye lens. Does the lens live up to expectations?
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- HD Variants of FA 31mm, 43mm, and 77mm Limiteds...
- January 2021 "Best of 2020" Photo...
- Pentax K-3 III Release Delayed Past CP+ 2021
- January "Best of 2020" Contest...
- Laowa 100mm f/2.8 2x Ultra Macro APO Review Posted
- There's something special about that lens:...
- Announcing Our February 2021 Photo Contest
- 2021 Pentax Lens Tournament: Finalists Announced