HD Pentax-DA 10-17mm F3.5-4.5 Fisheye Review Posted
By bdery in Review Announcements on Nov 10, 2019
Launched in 2006, the SMC Pentax-DA 10-17mm Fisheye lens has long been the widest APS-C lens available from Pentax. As a well-regarded but niche product, the lens has been used creatively by a fair number of users.
In 2019, Pentax launched an updated version of this lens. Benefiting from improved HD coatings, the new version is in many ways similar to its predecessor, but adds the possibility to remove the lens hood. While not advisable for APS-C shooters, removing the hood offers full frame users the ability to capture nearly circular images. This option opens up new markets for the lens.
In this review, we take a look at the physical characteristics and optical performance of the HD DA 10-17mm Fisheye lens. Does the lens live up to expectations?
Read our review of the HD 10-17mm to find out!
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- Announcing Our June, 2023 Photo Contest
- Ricoh Dethrones Canon as the Copier King
- April 2023 "Reflection" Photo Contest...
- Pentax Film Project: Lost Engineering Being Reborn
- Pentax Custom Image Guide: From Satobi to Harubeni
- New versions of the FA 50mm F1.4
- April "Reflection" Contest Finalists...
- Ricoh announces 97% profit increase for Fiscal...