HD Pentax-DA 10-17mm F3.5-4.5 Fisheye Review Posted
By bdery in Review Announcements on Nov 10, 2019
Launched in 2006, the SMC Pentax-DA 10-17mm Fisheye lens has long been the widest APS-C lens available from Pentax. As a well-regarded but niche product, the lens has been used creatively by a fair number of users.
In 2019, Pentax launched an updated version of this lens. Benefiting from improved HD coatings, the new version is in many ways similar to its predecessor, but adds the possibility to remove the lens hood. While not advisable for APS-C shooters, removing the hood offers full frame users the ability to capture nearly circular images. This option opens up new markets for the lens.
In this review, we take a look at the physical characteristics and optical performance of the HD DA 10-17mm Fisheye lens. Does the lens live up to expectations?
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- The Making of "Already September"
- Announcing Our December 2019 Photo Contest
- Pentax Forums December Giveaway Starts Today
- Black Friday 2019: Pentax Lens Deals
- Black Friday 2019: Pentax Camera Deals
- Black Friday: Forum Account Upgrade Special
- October's "Open Theme" Contest...
- Holiday Special: All Pentax Forums T-shirts 20%...