Ricoh GR III Review Posted
DSLR-grade image quality in your pocket
By PF Staff in Review Announcements on Jul 20, 2019
The long-awaited Ricoh GR III finally arrived earlier this year, and it seems that it was well worth the wait! This truly pocketable 24-megapixel APS-C "pro" compact camera maintains the pedigree of the GR line while also inheriting a number of Pentax DSLR features, such as sensor-shift Shake Reduction and the anti-aliasing filter simulator. In addition, the GR III debuts entirely new features of its own, such as a touchscreen display and an extremely sharp F2.8 lens designed from the ground up.
For several weeks, the GR III had been sold out through pre-orders, and it is now on track to be the best selling high-end Pentax or Ricoh camera this year— an impressive feat given the small yet fiercly competitive nature of the compact digital camera market and the camera's moderate $899 price tag.
So, why is this camera so successful? Is it right for you, and does it fall short in any way? Continue to our in-depth review to find out:
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- January's "Food" Contest Winners
- Pentax K-1 II Firmware v1.04 Released
- Pentax K-1 Firmware v1.52 Released
- Mindshift Gear Photocross 15 Backpack Review...
- Announcing Our February 2020 Photo Contest
- The Making of "Contemplation"
- December's "Open Theme" Contest...
- HD Pentax-D FA 70-210mm F4 Officially Announced