Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4 Contemporary Review
Latest walkaround lens from Sigma
By PF Staff in Review Announcements on Jul 16, 2013
Today we're happy to be bringing you our in-depth review of the new Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4 "Contemporary" zoom lens. This lens, which started shipping for Pentax in late May, is the first member of Sigma's new lens lineup to become available for Pentax. The 17-70mm is also available in a variety of other mounts.
As a wide-angle to short-telephoto zoom lens with a fast maximum aperture of F2.8 to F4 and macro capabilities, this versatile lens is excellent for everyday shooting. As you will read in the review, we were positively surprised by its performance, and will go as far as saying that this is one of the best walkaround lenses that we have tested to date- read on to learn more!
We highly recommend this lens if you're considering upgrading your kit lens or looking for a walkaround lens with solid optical performance at an affordable price.
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- Pentax K-3 III: Available for US Pre-order
- Announcing Our April 2021 Photo Contest
- Pentax K-3 Mark III DSLR Officially Announced
- Theta Z1 51GB Announced
- The Making of "Sleepless in Seattle"
- February 2021 "Cityscape by Night"...
- Irix 45mm F1.4 Review Posted
- The D FA★ 50mm F1.4 is the Best Pentax Lens...