Sigma 18-35mm F1.8 "Art" Review Posted
In-depth review and comparison vs HD 20-40, FA 31, & DA* 16-50
By Heie in Review Announcements on Nov 3, 2014
Today we are proud to present our latest in-depth review: Sigma's 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM "Art" lens!
Because of the premium nature of this lens, we didn't just assess it on its own merits and call it a day. We recognize that you are likely to be considering this lens against several highly regarded lenses, and so we made it our mission to make this the Aspirin to that headache. For the Bokeh and Sharpness pages of this review you'll see direct comparisons throughout the shared focal length ranges between Sigma's zoom and Pentax's premium standard zooms - the DA* 16-50mm F2.8 and the HD 20-40mm F2.8-4 Limited. We also made sure not to leave out Pentax's legendary prime, the FA 31mm F1.8 Limited.
Which lens do you think will come out on top?
Additionally, we don't expect you to just take our word for it. As such, among the several hundred sample photos for you to peruse through, there is a section of 32 images with their RAW files waiting for you to download and play with to your heart's content.
Don't just skip right to the conclusion (that's right - we're onto you...) - 14 pages of detailed analysis await!
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- HD Pentax D-FA 150-450mm F4.5-F5.6 Review Posted
- Review of the Off Road Hiker 30 Backpack by...
- Pentax KP $987 with Free Battery Grip
- The Making of "Island Hopping in the Tidal...
- Behind the Scenes: Ultra-Wide Review Cover Photo
- Big June Pentax Lens Sale
- "Flowing Water" Photo Contest Winners
- Topaz Releases Free Topaz Studio