Sigma 30mm F1.4 "Art" In-Depth Review
The latest fast normal prime for APS-C DSLRs
By PF Staff in Review Announcements on Apr 7, 2014
Today we're happy to announce our in-depth review of the new Sigma 30mm F1.4 DC HSM "Art" premium fast normal prime for Pentax. Priced at just $499, this lens was originally limited to the Sigma, Canon, and Nikon mounts before being announced for Pentax and Sony earlier this year. It started shipping in mid-March and promises to be a more affordable alternative to the Pentax 31mm F1.8 Limited and Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM "Art".
The latest version of the Sigma 30mm includes HSM autofocus, improved optics, and an all-new barrel design compared to its predecessor, which was already one of the most popular Sigma primes among our users. Considering this and the fact that the similar but more bulky Sigma 35mm was one of the most impressive lenses we've ever reviewed, our expectations of the new 30mm were high. Click below to read the review and see how the lens fares!
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- Pentax KF Camera Reviewed
- January "Best of 2023" Contest...
- Ricoh Camera Business: Strong and Growing
- Review of the Biotar 75mm F1.5 II
- 2023 was a very good year for Pentax and...
- Announcing Our February, 2024 Photo Contest
- Pentax high-performance spotting scope coming...
- December 2023 "Frame within a Frame"...