In Memory of Rupert
Beloved forum member and friend of 11 years
By PF Staff in Site News on Dec 22, 2017
It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of Rupert, a beloved forum member and dear friend to many of us here at Pentax Forums.
Rupert joined Pentax Forums just one day after the community was founded, over 11 years ago on December 8th, 2006, and continued being an active member up until this very month. During this time, he made over 25,000 posts and became well-known for his passion of capturing photos of squirrels.
His memorial service will be held on the evening of Friday, December 22nd. We have already sent flowers (pictured above) on behalf of the entire community. In addition, the family suggests a donation to Cancer Care Services.
Condolences can be left on the forum or on the memorial site for the family to view. In addition, we invite everyone to take a moment to browse Rupert's photo gallery and albums, which showcase some of his favorite photos. You can also view Rupert's last forum post, in which he remained in very good spirits.
"Otis" - Captured with the Pentax K-5 IIs by Rupert in 2016
Today is without question a very emotional day, and our sincere condolences go out to all of Rupert's close friends and family. His spirit will forever be remembered on the community.
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- Ricoh Dethrones Canon as the Copier King
- April 2023 "Reflection" Photo Contest...
- Pentax Film Project: Lost Engineering Being Reborn
- Pentax Custom Image Guide: From Satobi to Harubeni
- New versions of the FA 50mm F1.4
- April "Reflection" Contest Finalists...
- Ricoh announces 97% profit increase for Fiscal...
- The K1000 that Survived Being Run Over by a Tank