Merry Christmas 2018!
As 2018 slowly comes to an end, we'd like to wish all of our members Happy Holidays and a Merry Christmas!
It has been a slow yet certainly not uneventful year in the Pentax world— most notably, in terms of product releases, the D FA* 50mm F1.4 lens took center stage for its stellar optical performance and exceptional value. The Pentax K-1 II release was accompanied by a first-of-its-kind hardware upgrade service for existing K-1 owners. Moreover, Ricoh rolled out a host of updates on the software front, including a SDK for controlling the most recent camera models, significant firmware enhancements for the Theta V, and improvements to the tethering performance of current DSLRs. At the same time, we said farewell to the Pentax K-1, K-3 II, and K-S2 while getting a teaser that a GR III (and likely more) would soon be released in time for the 100th anniversary of Pentax next year.
Stay tuned for two more posts in the coming weeks: a look at the most popular Pentax gear of 2018, and an in-depth look at the year in review.
If you haven't already, be sure to check out our December "Lights" photo contest, which ends in one week.
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- Comparative Review: HD vs SMC Pentax FA Limited...
- May "Flowers" Contest Finalists...
- Win an HD Pentax-FA 31, 43, or 77mm Limited:...
- Pentax K-3 III Firmware Update v1.02 Released
- K-3 III How-to: Aperture Bracketing
- Announcing Our June 2021 Photo Contest
- Pre-announcement of Pentax O-GPS2 GPS Unit
- K-3 III How-to: Using M and K Lenses