Merry Christmas 2018!
As 2018 slowly comes to an end, we'd like to wish all of our members Happy Holidays and a Merry Christmas!
It has been a slow yet certainly not uneventful year in the Pentax world— most notably, in terms of product releases, the D FA* 50mm F1.4 lens took center stage for its stellar optical performance and exceptional value. The Pentax K-1 II release was accompanied by a first-of-its-kind hardware upgrade service for existing K-1 owners. Moreover, Ricoh rolled out a host of updates on the software front, including a SDK for controlling the most recent camera models, significant firmware enhancements for the Theta V, and improvements to the tethering performance of current DSLRs. At the same time, we said farewell to the Pentax K-1, K-3 II, and K-S2 while getting a teaser that a GR III (and likely more) would soon be released in time for the 100th anniversary of Pentax next year.
Stay tuned for two more posts in the coming weeks: a look at the most popular Pentax gear of 2018, and an in-depth look at the year in review.
If you haven't already, be sure to check out our December "Lights" photo contest, which ends in one week.
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- Announcing Our December, 2022 Photo Contest
- Pentax eBook Cyber Monday Sale: Save 25%
- Pentax Black Friday Deal Roundup - 2022
- Black Friday: The Ultimate Forum Account Upgrade!
- October 2022 "Fill the Frame" Photo...
- Venus Laowa 20mm F4 Zero-D Shift Lens Review...
- October "Fill the Frame" Contest...
- Pentax announces a new DSLR, the Pentax KF