Pentax 645Z in the Spotlight at WPPI 2015
By PF Staff in Trade Shows on Mar 5, 2015
The medium format Pentax 645Z was showcased at the Pentax booth at this year's WPPI expo, which went on from March 2-4 in Las Vegas. This is a trade tailored for wedding and portrait photographers; thus, the show focuses more on photography than product announcements. While the 645Z attracted plenty of attention on its own, and even larger crowd gathered as Ricoh representatives raffled away a 645Z body right at the show!
The booth featured the 645Z and the complete current lens lineup.
Off to the side there were two studio setups featuring the 645Z, complete with professional lighting and backdrops.
Our representative met with Pentax Ambassador Joey Skibel at the show, a professional wedding photographer who was shooting live models using the 645Z. He captured the following photographs on site with the DA 28-45mm and D FA 90mm macro lenses and Profoto B1 lights including one 5-foot octabank and one beauty dish. Click on any thumbnail to enlarge and browse:
Stay tuned for an upcoming Pentaxian profile on this talented photographer! You can browse more of Joey's work at HeirloomWeddingStudio.com.
Learn more about the Pentax 645Z in our in-depth review.
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- April 2022 "Urban Landscape" Photo...
- Savings on Topaz Gigapixel AI from Topaz Labs
- Ricoh announces new WG-80 point and shoot camera
- Pentax K-3 Mark III Continuous Autofocus...
- April "Urban Landscape" Contest...
- U.S. Pentax Deal Roundup: May 12, 2022
- Win a SMC Pentax DA 21mm: Special Photo Contest
- Ricoh WG-6 Firmware Update Adds Webcam...