Pentax Full Frame on Display at PhotoPlus 2015
Pentax presence for the first time since 2012
By PF Staff in Trade Shows on Oct 23, 2015
Pentax cameras and lenses have finally made a return to PhotoPlus! For the first time since 2012, Pentax gear has a presence at the PhotoPlus trade show, which runs until Saturday, October 25th at the Javits Center in New York City. Ricoh Imaging representatives are showcasing the entire K-mount lineup, the 645Z, the new Theta S 360-degree camera, and a special treat: a more refined mockup of the Pentax full frame DSLR that is now complete with buttons, labels, and a working lens mount.
The following photos of the full frame (which is shown with the new D FA 24-70mm) were contributed by forum member eccs19. Click to enlarge:
Forum member texandrews posted a close-up photo of the camera's dials:
While no concrete specifications for the full frame have thus far been released, we can make a number of assumptions based on these photos:
- The camera has built-in GPS
- The LCD can tilt and/or articulate
- There is a small top LCD
- There are two additional control knobs on top of the camera, one of which controls settings
- There is built-in Wi-Fi
- There are two SD slots
- The camera can shoot video
- There is no on-board flash
We expect the camera to be officially announced by CP+ 2016 for a Spring debut.
Our sources indicate that the camera was taken off the PhotoPlus showroom floor on Friday.
Below are photos of the booth itself:
Notice the test stand featuring the 645Z with a PrioLite strobe— a system that enables high-speed sync up to 1/8000s. The PrioLite system was made available for Pentax cameras this summer.
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- 40% Off Storewide at Topaz: Spring Sale!
- Part 3: How Godzilla stomped on my Lightroom habit
- K-1 II Dynamic Pixel Shift: First Impressions
- Pentax FA 43mm F1.9 Limited Review Posted
- March "Birds" Contest Finalists...
- D FA★ 50mm F1.4 Production Delayed
- Pentax K-1 II In Stock in the US
- Pentax K-1 II eBook Now Available, 25% Off