Review statistics for Marcus Rowland
Cameras Added 0  (View Cameras Added)
Latest Review Posted Pentax K200D
I bought this second-hand with an 18-55 lens in a pawnbroker's sale; the price I've given for the body is half the total price, since I can't break it down more accurately. I bought it as a test bed for K-mount lenses, so I don't need much in the way of features, and it seems a nice simple design that will do what I want without a lot of unnecessary bells and whistles. I particularly like the big rear screen, much better than that on entry-level Canon and Nikon bodies, and its use of AA batteries. The con of the latter is that really good high-capacity rechargeable AA batteries are heavy, expensive, and take a long time to charge compared to most dedicated camera batteries. I went with Duracell Powercell 2500 mAh batteries, so far I've taken 150+ shots without recharging. Performance seems very good most of the time, but I had a little trouble with some close-focus work - not sure if this is down to the camera or the lens, but it wasn't serious anyway. There's an album of photos here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/150868539@N02/albums/72157699002825284

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:45 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!