Review statistics for Rush2112
Cameras Added 0  (View Cameras Added)
Latest Review Posted Pentax K-3 III
Someone had to be first I guess.

Although less than a week into owning it, I'm highly impressed. I've owned nearly every Pentax DSLR made, and I can say without hesitation that this is the camera a vast amount of Pentaxians have been waiting for. Much like the K1, many of us have wanted Pentax to make a camera that could really compete at the highest level of the APS-C format, one that could be a reliable workhorse for fast actions subjects- the wait is over, this is the one we've been waiting for.

From the ground up, this is a completely new camera albeit with the exception of perhaps the battery and card slots. Adorned with familiar Pentax traits (insanely good build, weather sealing, class leading viewfinder, awesome ergonomics, deep intuitive menus), It's a gargantuan effort and Ricoh are to be commended. Great things come to those who wait, and yeah, we've been waiting.

AF speed and tracking, with the PLM 55-300mm is comparable to my Nikon D500 rig- which really surprised me. AF is tenacious, and ultra sensitive in low light, LOVING IT. I only wish there were more ultra fast focusing lenses available in the Pentax mount (Sigma, step up!). While the K mount is in a better position now than in 2015 with faster telephoto choices, I still would like to see more options.

Price is not an issue. Remember, the D500 was $1,999.99 in 2016 upon its release, five full years ago! The K3 Mk III is better built, better sealed, has a better optical finder, much better me...

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:13 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!