Log in or register to remove ads.

Review statistics for Skewed
Cameras Added 0  (View Cameras Added)
Latest Review Posted Pentax K-01
Like jimmm18, I recently supplemented my K-01 with a used K30. I had bought my K-01 body a little more than a year ago on eBay as a compact second body to my K3. Since I already had a DA40Ltd, I had what amounted to a higher quality version of the original kit. As a kit that is easy to carry around, yet is capable of producing large, detailed images, this combination has been very useful. As a companion to my K3, it has saved me when the (prime) lens on the K3 was not ideal for the scene at hand.
So why did I buy the K30? The ergonomics of the K-01 donít work very well for me except in point-and-shoot mode. I wear progressive bifocal glasses, so itís difficult to hold the K-01 at exactly the right distance from my eyes. The LCD is not very visible in bright light to begin with, so I use a Kaiser shade, which adds bulk as well as shadow. For serious shooting, I much prefer using two hands, an OVF with diopter, and two control wheels. So the K30 will accompany the K3 when I want to carry two bodies.
For casual shooting, the K-01 with DA40 (but no shade) can fit in a coat pocketóIíll leave it in P-mode.
-----
The used K30 was defective so I swapped it for a used K50, which works fine. Although I got lots of keepers with the K-01, unlike jimmm18, I just couldn't get used to the LCD and having to use a lens shade at almost all times, and I still prefer the K50's controls and general feel. So I sold the K-01.
My next mirrorless cam will have a good EVF.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:41 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!