Review statistics for Jonathan Mac
Cameras Added 0  (View Cameras Added)
Latest Review Posted Pentax K2 DMD
After picking up two K2s at different times and finding both have gummed-up insides (a very common problem) which requires a full CLA to fix, I found a DMD version at a good price. The camera and genuine K to M42 adapter actually worked out free once I sold off the other stuff that came with them, so that partially makes up for the 180 I spent on the two non-functional K2s.

The K2DMD is a good, solid camera that produces good results. I use mine on the automatic (Av) mode and exposures seem fine. It feels good in the hand as it's quite large and heavy, which I like in a camera (as long as I'm not using it for travel - I have other cameras for that).

As with many cameras, the 1/1000s maximum shutter speed can be quite limiting, I'd prefer 1/2000s or even 1/4000s as I live in a sunny part of the world, so I have to mess around with ND filters if I want to use this camera on a sunny day at wider apertures. That same criticism can be levelled at almost all Pentax film cameras though.

All-in-all, I like using the K2DMD but I've read multiple comments online of the electronics failing and when that happens, if the camera still works at all, it will be limited to a single shutter speed (1/125s??), a limitation which is also present if you find yourself without a battery for it. The KX, which is broadly similar to the K2DMD, doesn't have that limitation as the shutter is fully mechanical. The same goes for the other K series cameras. So I am always a bit worried that...

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:41 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!