Review statistics for thazooo
Cameras Added 0  (View Cameras Added)
Latest Review Posted Pentax KP
I jumped on the Xmas sale of this camera. I had initially decided against it until I read a post calling out the new sensor. Great praise. The origin review covered the new chip more so than the sensor. After reading the post and the sale price, I bought it.

NOT disappointed :) The image quality alone is worth the upgrade. My KS-2 had a marginal improvement over my K-50, mostly in higher ISO. The KP is a vast improvement over my KS-2. Even in cloudy weather I'm picking up details that the KS_2 misses or muddys.

I've gotten a custom to menu driven cameras and the menu layout works well.

The extra control dials on the top are way more useful than I imagined.

High ISO is great. I don't plan on using extreme but a clean 1600/3200 is great.

The push button on the PASM dial I could do without.

Tilt screen without the twisting is great.

Now the ergonomics, needs more of a grip. I'm using the Large and the shape of it is awkward. I end up holding the camera more by the lens than the grip. Not cool. I've gotten some what use to it but still considering making a custom grip.

I was one of the few that called the camera ugly. It still is, but with the Image Quality it produces I'm keeping 'My Ugly Child' for a long time ;)

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:02 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!