Review statistics for Luc More
Cameras Added 0  (View Cameras Added)
Latest Review Posted Pentax SFXn / SF1n
Pros | Solid, reliable, K/KA/KAF lens compatible
Cons | Lacks MLU and DOF preview (like many others)
Rating | 8
Price (U.S. Dollars) | 20
Years Owned | 1

I can recommend this camera: Yes

Value, Features, Performance & Size
My camera is actually the SFXn. It provides auto-everything when you want to use it as such : DX code for automatic film ASA detection; autofocus, automatic exposure, automatic film advance and rewind...
Considering the purchase price I find it has fantastic value for the money.
It's size and weight don't put it in the most compact and lightweight category, but still it is very easy to handle and carry.

Camera Review
I bought the camera for the lens it came with, but when I received it I immediately wanted to test it without thinking about the lens anymore. It was my first film AF body actually (I have a strong MF SLR background) and I was delighted with the simplicity and ease of use. Also I liked the multiple exposure modes and multiple program modes it features. Actually these modes are useful when I want to concentrate on composition, subject, action... and not that much about the exposure settings. You can still use one of the program modes but choose between the "sport" or "landscape" programs, depending on the kind of subject you happen to shoot at the moment.

I found that the exposure metering and control were still perfect after such a long time (the camera is old but I bought it second hand quite recentl...

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:44 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!