Review statistics for David T
Cameras Added 0  (View Cameras Added)
Latest Review Posted Pentax K-70
The K70 has been around for quite a while. I bought it for a backup to my K3 (4 yrs), replacing my K5iis. Having used it quite a bit (shutter count 1121), I can say it is a solid camera. The updated 24 MP sensor does show a minor improvement over the the K3 24 MP sensor. The plastic body is well made (doesn't feel like plastic), and I like the tilt screen.

The K70's higher ISO sensitivity gives me a slight edge over the the K3 in low light . The pixel shift super resolution in the K70 is a real plus. I am using it more often both hand held and tripod (preferred).

The negatives are obvious and they are: 11 point auto focus (I usually manual focus over auto focus with both my cameras), Noisy shutter and dust remover (takes me back to the K20), and D-LI109 battery (I have no less than 2 fully charged batteries on site).

Overall, this camera is a keeper, understanding it's pluses and minuses.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:12 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!