Review statistics for Essdubbya
Cameras Added 0  (View Cameras Added)
Latest Review Posted Pentax K-1 II
I had considered waiting for the K3 III however due the bargain price from the distributor in Oz I bit the bullet. At first I thought oh-oh can I afford new FF lenses but when I checked my current lenses a few were rated as FF. I have now had a practice with my suitable lenses:
70 -200 Sigma f2.8 (upgraded mount and firmware - free), Voigtlander 58mm Nokton and 40mm Ultron, Tamron 90mm Macro . I have since purchased the 18-105 kit lens and I am mightily impressed with K1 MkII, particularly with the low-light capabilities providing a few more stops to 6400iso and allowing slower lenses to be used. The increased ability to crop makes up for the gaps in the range of lenses. I am no great shakes as a photographer but this camera is fun to use and complements my KP (another bargain at $700) nicely. Or maybe vice versa. It is well balanced without a grip. As far as the comparison to the K1 goes, I wouldn't know and don't care. Not everyone can afford or wants every iteration of Pentax cameras.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:10 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!