Review statistics for RMabo
Cameras Added 0  (View Cameras Added)
Latest Review Posted Pentax K-S2
I upgraded from my K10D and K-x to the K-S2. I have also owned the *ist DS, and have long experience with Pentax from the film SLR's as the MZ-10, MZ-5N, MZ-5 and the P30 (my first SLR).

I really like the body design, ergonomics, viewfinder, fast and accurate AF and the many configuration options. It's great to have two User-memories and it's easy to customise the camera. However, I do miss the DOF-preview position on the switch around the shutter button like the K10D had. Now I've programmed the RAW/FX-button to do DOF, but then I miss the easy RAW/JPEG-switch... Green button could be more programmable, on my K-x I have it set to DOF-preview. On the K-S2 the green button is only a reset to programmed exposure. I also miss the option of adjusting the program mode behavior (choosing between program lines), like the K10D and the more advanced Pentax DSLR's. The K-S2 has a user interface which is like a mix of K10D and *ist DS or K-x. The two wheel control and HyperProgram is great!

Shutter sound is lower than my K-x and *ist DS and also sounds nicer than the K10D shutter. I would love to have the shutter button in chrome, just like on the K10D and K-x - now it's black plastic. It's a joy to use the K-S2 with SDM and DC-lenses - I have the DA 17-70 f/4 AL SDM as my standard zoom, and the K-S2 really feels very nicely balanced with this one - not as front heavy as the K-x. With the K-x it felt like a lens with a camera attached. K-S2 is smaller in size and more compact tha...

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:30 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!