Review statistics for civiletti
Cameras Added 0  (View Cameras Added)
Latest Review Posted Pentax 6x7
Pros | rugged, great lenses
Cons | heavy
Rating | 9
Price | don't remember
Years Owned | 25 years

I can recommend this camera: Yes

Value, Features, Performance & Size
The 6X7 is a better field camera than the Mamiyas and Bronicas, and less expensive than Hassleblad and Rollei. Solid optics and a dependable body make it attractive.

Camera Review
I've used the 6X7 mostly for landscapes. Great results are possible, and it sets up much more quickly than a view camera. I use the waist-level hood and a fiber optic equipped meter to take reading of the ground glass. This technique helps deal with the limited dynamic range of the chrome films I shoot. My lenses are the 45, 55, 90, 165, and 2x. I use a Nikor 105mm enlarging lens on the helicoid extension tube for macro work, which is dandy as long as the subject is static. For many years a used a lightweight Gitzo Reporter and hung my pack from it for stability. That works quite well under most circumstances. I must admit that I shoot digital more often now. Processing is so much easier, as well as less expensive.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:32 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!