Review statistics for Skeetpho
Cameras Added 0  (View Cameras Added)
Latest Review Posted Pentax Spotmatic F
I bought this at auction 3 years ago and have used it regularly since. Of the 3 Spotmatics I have (SPF, SPII and ESII) this is the preferred body to use due to it's fully mechanical shutter and open aperture metering. The SPF has one less step in taking a photo, which means more brain cells concentrated on the composition and exposure. I bought plastic pinch caps for my lenses and keep them fitted between shots. The SPF, even though its meter must be very similar to the SPII, takes a much larger 625 size battery, which I guess was done to compensate for the extra time that the meter operates due to the 'always on' open aperture metering when the lens cap is removed and there is sufficient light to activate the meter. If the camera is placed in a bag without a lens cap, the meter will not draw power either. So to prolong the battery life, use a lens cap or place in camera bag, or use the original leather case between shots.

I use a 1.5V SR44 silver oxide battery with a bit of aluminium foil as a spacer. The meter is accurate as checked with grey card and handheld meter. Using black and white film with a yellow filter, I increase exposure by about 1 stop because the meter does not fully compensate for the filter. The filter factor is 1 stop but the meter only sees 1/3 stop less light. This was the same with the meter in my Pentax 67II meter and when I meter through the filter with my Gossan Lunapro meter.

The SPF seems to be at least as well made as the SPII and has...

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:32 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!