Review statistics for Chuckie
Cameras Added 0  (View Cameras Added)
Latest Review Posted Pentax Optio WG-1 / WG-1 GPS
I received my WG-1 about a month ago. So far I have been using it at work for photographing raw materials stockpiles, so I can vouch for the dustproof part of the IP68 rating. The photographs have all ended up the way I wanted with a bit of fiddling with settings, but nothing that I would not have been doing with any other camera. This weekend it went along on a trip to Sun City. I was wanting to use it at the Valley of the Waves (water world theme park) and at the 2km zip line. I wanted to test the water-proofing and video capabilities. This camera is definitely waterproof for mild use in water! I video'd all of the water slides: the WG-1 got splashed, dunked and bumped all the time with no ill-effects. I am not a good videographer yet so my efforts were a bit jerky. Playback was wonderful and all the others were amazed at what it had gone through. I was doing my best to market Pentax as they watched. My only gripe here is the large video file size and exposure adjustment for changing light that is a little slow. I think I will take it on holiday at the end of the year. We might be going on an underwater walk at uShaka Marine World which will be about 3-5m underwater. The WG-1 is still a point-and-shoot (mik-en-druk) camera, but the results are good for what it is. If you want a camera that can take a beating and deliver decent quality images, buy it! Here's an update. I have been using the camera in the DRC on a mine site for a few weeks and it is enduring mud, dus...

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:03 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!