Review statistics for beaconschris
Cameras Added 0  (View Cameras Added)
Latest Review Posted Pentax K-70
used my refurbished K-70 for 5 weeks now and feel I`m qualified to do a little review here (-:

a quick note on my background : I`ve enjoyed photography , especially the actual taking of shots for 35 years and am known to change gear far too often. I rarely changed gear because it wasn`t good enough, but rather as I felt the need for a change (-:

So , I bought this K-70 after selling my Olympus Em-5 mark II because I did not like (I hated) the electronic viewfinder ! And I love the Pentax viewfinder, it is large (for crop sensor) and bright, wonderful !
Sensor image quality is very good, a tad better than Nikon D5500 and a tad less compared to Fuji X-T1, but all three are great in that respect.
I need the swivel screen for flower and insect shots and am happy with it`s implementation.
Also the body size, weight, grip etc is just about perfect for my smallish male hands. It feels solid, well made and robust.
Auto focus seems ok to me, depends a lot on the lens I reckon. I know Pentax has a bad reputation in that respect but it works ok for me (I don`t shoot sports or fast things).
Battery life could be better, but I have two spares and not needed more than one spare yet

I think this is about it, I like this camera and am happy to have bought it :)

a few weeks later I like to add :
The shutter/mirror sound is rather loud even for a DSLR which might be an issue in sensitive places and situations.
Regarding the "non professional" single SD card slot ...

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:15 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!