Review statistics for tlong423
Cameras Added 0  (View Cameras Added)
Latest Review Posted Pentax 67
The Pentax 67 is like a giant Spotmatic in some ways, and its size and weight can be intimidating at times. That weight can be significantly reduced by choosing a non-prism finder. For mine, I acquired a Pentax 6x7 rigid "chimney hood" viewfinder, and it works great. The camera has mirror lock-up, which is a good thing, but the vibration from the huge focal plane shutter still requires you to stick to faster shutter speeds (e.g., > 1/125) and sometimes faster films. This is actually my second review for the Pentax 67 body. I deleted my first review because I have since acquired a "good" copy of the camera, and so I now have a much more positive impression of the camera's capabilities. That said, it does point out one of the cons with the Pentax 67, which is the increasing difficulty of finding a body that is still in decent shape after all these years; I'm glad I did, as this camera can be pretty fun to use, and it delivers negatives with a considerable "Wow!" factor. In the end, the images I have gotten with this Pentax 67, paired with the standard 105mm lens, have been really nice with remarkable resolution, strikingly shallow depth of field, and terrific contrast. I would say the images easily match the quality of my Hasselblad 500CM with 80mm Planar, but this Pentax is much less of a pain to load and shoot than the Hasselblad (though nowhere near as easy as the Pentax 645N). I am very pleased with the Pentax 67, and the availability ...

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:44 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!