Review statistics for OrangeKx
Cameras Added 0  (View Cameras Added)
Latest Review Posted Ricoh WG-20
Due to the loss of our older P&S (10MP) camera we found ourselves looking for a replacement. After the store hopping, web surfing for reviews and prices it was coming down to this and a Canon. Two and a half things sealed the deal for the WG-20: 1) the shock/water/dust proof feature - 2) the price and 2.5) it's not a Canon or Nikon. My wife wanted a camera that was a little easier in the menu area as our last P&S was a nightmare and the final two cameras were similar in this area (so a wash). The Canon was more expensive ($200) and had more zoom, a few extra features and a 20MP sensor (vs the 14MP here). The extra features were not something my wife and I would use, so it seemed like the extra money wasn't worth it. Regarding the WG-20, I pondered why I'd need a water proof camera and it suddenly occurred to me that it would be perfect for skiing. I rarely take a camera on the slopes for fear of damaging it with melted snow (otherwise known as water). This revelation sealed the deal, so back to Target I went.

For me, a big feature of the WG-20 is the shock proof aspect. It's good for a 5 foot drop, and although my wife never dropped our last camera, she's dropped others (and is a bit dropsy in general) so this takes some of the worry out of damaging the camera.

Once I got the camera home and could hold it without the theft cable the store attaches, I realized this camera handles very nicely. The longer shape and textured black border make it easier to ...

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:08 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!