Review statistics for arnold
Cameras Added 0  (View Cameras Added)
Latest Review Posted Pentax S1 (H1)
I had my H2 (S2) shooting film before I got this this S1. Just what were the improvements over the S2 from the year before? The most obvious was facility for the special lightmeter. My model didn't work with a Super Tacumar (neither did H2 unless manual is selected)
Note: On H2 (S2) a Super-Takumar lens does not properly work on Auto stop down, because the camera trip lever doesn't push the lens pin fully closed, (about f8). Compose with lens in auto, switch to manual to shoot.)

My S3 has no problems with an 'auto' (super) lens, so I'm not sure if the S1 is limited to true Auto lenses.
All in all, the replacement S1A and SV solved the lens limitations of these early models and are more convenient to use with improved minor details such as auto counter resetting or timers.
Just remember when you use a genuine Auto or pre-set lens, there are two clicks. the first is the aperture slapping down, and the second is the shutter.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:26 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!