Review statistics for E-man
Cameras Added 0  (View Cameras Added)
Latest Review Posted Pentax K200D
I recently acquired this camera and although it's an older model, it still has a lot to offer. It offers most of the advanced features of my K10D in a package weighs almost half a pound less. Its user interface is somewhat simplified, compared to my K10D or GX-20, but not quite as dumbed down as my K-x, thus striking a good balance between the two. The camera is very comfortable in my hands, probably the most comfortable of any of my Pentax bodies. I also like that it uses AA batteries to keep things simple. Mine came to me with a DA 18-55mm AL II lens, both in their original boxes. I also snagged a BG3 battery grip for it, but as with the K10D and its grip, I feel the advantages it offers are somewhat overshadowed by the added bulk. Still, it's nice to have. The only real criticism I have of the camera is its lack of a front dial but hey, you can't have everything. All in all, this camera packs in a lot of good stuff and that makes it a keeper.

UPDATE: My review above was based on my initial impressions and the experience of having taken a handful of test shots when I first got it. Yesterday, I finally was able to truly put the camera through its paces shooting at a small outdoor music festival, mostly after dark and with only the stage lights for illumination. The camera performed quite well and its simplified user interface actually revealed itself to be an advantage as it is far more intuitive to make adjustments by feel than, say my K10D or GX-20. I have a feeling thi...

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:03 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!