Review statistics for severalsnakes
Cameras Added 0  (View Cameras Added)
Latest Review Posted Pentax K-S2
Mostly I'm just adding this review so that I can link to my Flickr album with images from the camera. I'm a habitual participant in the Single In... challenges on Pentax forums, so I've been using the camera a LOT since receiving it on March 24, 2015.

Here's my Flickr album of all K-S2 images.

I'm going to give some first impressions here, but I'll give a more thorough review after a full-month of use. :-)

It's important to know that I'm a user with almost exclusively manual lenses. In fact, the ONLY auto-focus lens I have is the kit lens that came bundled with the K-S2, and I took it out once. SO: I really don't have any perspective on auto-focus settings. I also shoot in RAW; no JPEGs - I've tried RAW+ in the past, but I just never ended up even looking at the JPEGs, so it was just wasted space on my SD card. I also do not shoot videos.

I bought the K-S2 to "replace" my K-30. The K-30 is beat up and occasionally does little funny things that makes me worry about its longevity. I bought the K-S2, because I don't see myself being able to afford the full-frame, nor do I believe I want to "deal with" massive file sizes that the full frame will make. I was already kind of disappointed that the K-S2 was 20mp, up from 16mp of the K-30. I've been in love with the articulating screen of the MX-1 since I bought it in January '14 and I have often wished the K-30 had the feature. The wi-fi was very tantalizing icing on the cake.

The camera in-hand...

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:25 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!