Review statistics for fretlessdavis
Cameras Added 0  (View Cameras Added)
Latest Review Posted Pentax 645
After my quest to get more and more into manual cameras, I have discovered that when you're good enough to compose and inherently understand the balance of exposure, a well laid-out, more automated camera becomes a fantastic tool for making consistently excellent photos with no effort. For me, this is the perfect step back into automated cameras while retaining amazing quality.

After a recent life change, I lost my Bronica ETRS kit. I replaced it with a Pentax 645. After shooting with other cameras that are fully manual and make me think so much more, I haven't been shooting as much lately. This camera has changed that for me. The AE is very good with a couple caveats, the mirror is very well dampened, and handling is fantastic. I've had a blast with it with the 55mm f/2.8 lens, and have been getting great results and have been taking many more photos with it than I ever did with my ETRS or Graflex.

Let's start with handling. It handles like a large Super Program, basically. People complain about the push buttons for adjustments, but my favorite 35mm SLR is the ME Super. I feel right at home with the buttons. Once you find the layout of everything, it's very easy to change modes, shutter speed, aperture, and exposure compensation. To me, it handles like a breeze. The angled grip makes hand-holding great, and the mirror is so well dampened that I get sharp shots handheld down to 1/30. 1/60 was definitely the limit on my ETRS due to the massive slapping mirro...

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:15 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!