Review statistics for iridedaily
Cameras Added 0  (View Cameras Added)
Latest Review Posted Pentax 645Z
A user's review, not a comparison against benchmarks or other makes.
I wan't to begin by saying I'm a professional photographer but as an engineer I believe I understand what a great machine is, the Pentax 645Z fits very well in this category.
As a none pro the purchase of a camera of this value is a big decision. Then you have to consider lenses to go with it. Thankfully I have a Pentax 645 film unit from another era and the lenses to go with it. I also have two 67 lenses with adaptors. Have no fear these lenses all work beautifully with this camera.
This camera is a technical achievement and to have the peace of mind that all your old equipment works seamlessly with it makes the purchase decision a lot easier. Keep in mind that the FA lenses are autofocus and many are not. I have been a Canon and Carl Zeiss user for years therefore using a camera in manual mode is second nature.
Within 5 minutes I was up and away with the 645Z. That was the first 5 minutes, be prepared to spend a week or two to really start getting some incredible shots from this medium format camera. Digital Medium Format has a lot to offer but unless you can borrow one then the difference in technique between it and a full frame 35mm camera is quite a bit.
Firstly it's a big camera and hand holding isn't difficult for a male but be prepared to use a tripod far more often as it will pay big dividends. Having a 51 megapixel file size means you can crop a lot more than smaller files and because of this ...

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:17 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!