Review statistics for Imp
Cameras Added 0  (View Cameras Added)
Latest Review Posted Ricoh GR II
I just got this camera a month ago but it's already proved to be fantastic! I started shooting with a point and shoot camera when I was young, then shot the K-30 for four years before now the K-3. So far I have really enjoye returning back to the point-and-shoot experience. I got the GRII because of some upcoming travel where it really wouldn't have made sense to take the HEAVY K-3 and some lenses. For travel, this largely checks the boxes, great for landscapes and people. Unfortunately it doesn't cover wildlife but that can be forgiven :lol: The image quality is fantastic, the lens is sharp and very flare-resistant. It's easy and intuitive to use. No worries about battery life, I haven't yet shot a full day with it but I imagine it will last a day. The batteries are tiny so there's no harm in getting a second one. I've really enjoyed using the positive film preset and shooting RAW+, and using the JPEGs straight for social media and sharing with friends. The only thing I might fault it on is the build quality. By no means is it bad, but coming from a Pentax DSLR it is noticeable and feels a bit delicate in use. The mode dials are not as rubberized and sturdy, the adaptor ring feels thin, and I'm worried about overusing the port cover and the battery/sdcard door. Also, I tried to get the Image Sync Utility to work on multiple devices, but with no luck. Oh well. I've also heard a lot of complaints about the dust so I'm trying to be cautious and keep the camera clean when powe...

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:33 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!