Review statistics for Blue
Cameras Added 0  (View Cameras Added)
Latest Review Posted Pentax Optio W90
The IQ was average on this camera but sometimes a really nice image can be obtained if the right profile is used. The reason I bought this W90 was its shock proof and water proof characteristics. It was never submerged more than 8 times. I intended to use it in "hostile" environments. When it was 1 month out of warranty, it leaked at 20 feet for 15 minutes in a spring with water temps around 70 F or 20 C. The seals are serviceable but have to be sent to C.R.I.S. That said, I turned off the cam. Once out of the water, I removed the battery and card. The card was fine. I left the door open and put it in a rubber maid bowl with 1 pound of silica gel for about a month. It works fine and I can't even tell it happened even where the water got between the glass and lcd. I won't be submerging it again and will be using it as a WR and shockproof camera since it isn't cost effective to send it for new seals.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:13 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!