Log in or register to remove ads.

Review statistics for GateCityRadio
Cameras Added 0  (View Cameras Added)
Latest Review Posted Pentax MZ-7 / ZX-7
I got this camera for pretty cheap on the ebay as the first AF pentax film body I have ever owned. I figured for the price this would be a good way to test out if I like the MZ/ZX series body. I like the size and weight, its smallish and light and makes it easy to carry around for long periods of time, however larger lenses quickly make it feel off balance. The grip FG helps with this and makes it overall easier to hold if you have bigger hands. As far as the MZ/ZX-7 goes, its an okay camera. I like how it functions except for the fact that you have no control over the AF point at all and you have no idea which of the 3 points it is using. For as cheap as this camera was I can't complain much but I found that the ZX-L with its option to use the center focus point only is much better. For a starter camera this thing would be amazing as it has auto functions for those just starting out and manual for the advanced users. This is a camera that can grow with you.

I ended up selling mine after getting a ZX-L (and much later on a MZ-S) just for the added AF control. It's a great camera otherwise.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:07 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!