Pentax Camera Reviews » Pentax Digital Cameras » Pentax Compact Digital Cameras
Pentax Optio RS1500 Review RSS Feed

1 5,909 Wed October 30, 2013

Pentax Optio RS1500

The Pentax Optio RS1500 is an affordable compact digital camera, available for only $123.

It features interchangeable (and customizable) skins and lens rings, allowing you to tailor its appearance to your liking! The camera itself (without skins) is available in white and silver.

•14Mp CCD Sensor
•Auto Shooting Modes
•Face Detection
•D-LI108 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery
Megapixels: 14 MP 1/2.33 inch CCD
Movie Mode: HD (1280 x 720), VGA (640 x 480), QVGA (320 x 240), all at 15 and 30 fps.
Weight: 127 g (4.5 oz) with battery
Zoom: 4x optical zoom, 4.9 - 19.6 mm (27.5 - 110 mm eqv.), F3.2 - F5.9
LCD: 3 inch, 230,000 dots
In Production: No

Add Review of Pentax Optio RS1500 Buy the Pentax Optio RS1500
Sort Reviews by: Date | Author | Rating | Recommendation | Likes (Descending) Showing Reviews 1-1 of 1

Registered: October, 2013
Review Date: October 30, 2013 I can recommend the Pentax Optio RS1500: Yes | Price: $45.00 | Rating: 8

Pros: Lens is surprisingly sharp
Cons: Few manual settings
New or Used: Used

Just picked up one of these on feebay as it appealed to my inner child - customizing the camera! Looks like a toy and feels like a toy. No way to set aperture or speed manually. Basic point-and-shoot.

Put it on a tripod and aimed it at my K200D to see if it was a toy or a camera. Personally I was amazed - better than my FZ50, better than my SX160IS and 1000D, much better than my SP810UZ. Want a cheap camera to take photos of stuff to sell? Look no further.

I uploaded a full-size, full-res pic straight from the camera with no adjustments to flickr. Exposure, WB (manual) and focus are spot-on in my opinion. Maybe I underestimate cheap compacts but I have to say I was surprised at the IQ.

Ok it performs poorly in low light and most photographers will get bored with it very quickly because there ain't a lot of scope for creativity, but the performance is more than adequate for the target market which I suspect is teenagers.

Would make a good gift for the kids and enable them to take decent photos.
Add Review of Pentax Optio RS1500 Buy the Pentax Optio RS1500

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:48 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!