Pentax Optio RS1500

Pentax Optio RS1500
supersize
Pentax Optio RS1500
supersize
Pentax Optio RS1500
supersize

Description:
The Pentax Optio RS1500 is an affordable compact digital camera, available for only $123.

It features interchangeable (and customizable) skins and lens rings, allowing you to tailor its appearance to your liking! The camera itself (without skins) is available in white and silver.

•14Mp CCD Sensor
•720p HD Video
•21.6MB Internal Memory + SD/SDHC Slot
•Interchangeable Cosmetic Skins
•Interchangeable Colored Lens Rings
•4x Optical
•3" LCD Display
•Auto Shooting Modes
•Face Detection
•D-LI108 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery
Megapixels: 14 MP 1/2.33 inch CCD
ISO Range: HD (1280 x 720), VGA (640 x 480), QVGA (320 x 240), all at 15 and 30 fps.
Weight: 127 g (4.5 oz) with battery
FPS: 4x optical zoom, 4.9 - 19.6 mm (27.5 - 110 mm eqv.), F3.2 - F5.9
LCD: 3 inch, 230,000 dots
In Production: No
Price History:

Add Review of Pentax Optio RS1500 Buy the Pentax Optio RS1500
Author:
Sort Reviews by: Date | Author | Rating | Recommendation | Likes (Descending) Showing Reviews 1-2 of 2
Site Supporter

Review Date: January 31, 2020 Recommended | Price: None indicated | Rating: 8 

Pros: Good camera for photos
Cons: video quality lacking
New or Used: New   

Had bought this new years and years ago to replace a Kodak Easy Share. I had used Pentax before and had a Auto 110 as a point and shoot so I decided to get this.I replaced it with a LS465 which I used for years and now bought a Ricoh WG-50.

Forum Member

Review Date: October 30, 2013 Recommended | Price: $45.00 | Rating: 8 

Pros: Lens is surprisingly sharp
Cons: Few manual settings
New or Used: Used   

Just picked up one of these on feebay as it appealed to my inner child - customizing the camera! Looks like a toy and feels like a toy. No way to set aperture or speed manually. Basic point-and-shoot.

Put it on a tripod and aimed it at my K200D to see if it was a toy or a camera. Personally I was amazed - better than my FZ50, better than my SX160IS and 1000D, much better than my SP810UZ. Want a cheap camera to take photos of stuff to sell? Look no further.

I uploaded a full-size, full-res pic straight from the camera with no adjustments to flickr. Exposure, WB (manual) and focus are spot-on in my opinion. Maybe I underestimate cheap compacts but I have to say I was surprised at the IQ.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/1630revello/sets/72157637062540825/

Ok it performs poorly in low light and most photographers will get bored with it very quickly because there ain't a lot of scope for creativity, but the performance is more than adequate for the target market which I suspect is teenagers.

Would make a good gift for the kids and enable them to take decent photos.
Add Review of Pentax Optio RS1500 Buy the Pentax Optio RS1500