Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-03-2010, 08:34 PM   #1
Inactive Account

LBA kicked my ___

Alright, I tried the 1 body, 1 lens for a full month. I enjoyed it but, time moved on and so have I.

Today I picked up one of the fastest lenses I've ever owned. Certainly the fastest at this particular focal length. Bought from a local member of the forum as well! If they would like to disclose their identity, that is up to them ;-) Photos will follow when I get them

I present you the K-x on which a Rokinon 85mm f/1.4 is mounted;

05-03-2010, 08:48 PM   #2
Nubi

Wow, a big dawg there!! A beautiful lens. Jealous. Wow. Give it to me . . . . .

I think a fast 85 is a must. I am working on getting a Zeiss ZK 85/1.4. I know I will get one soon. Lensbaby first though. What???
05-03-2010, 09:48 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
next will be a split image view finder...LBA is the road to hell. I have the Vivitar version of this and it's a beast but wonderful when I get it right.
05-03-2010, 10:35 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
wait a min.... I know that lens.

anyway, I just did some digging tonight and wow, that lens is getting more popular now and getting some cult following as well eversince it came out of the market. before, there are only quite a handful of people who appreciate it, particularly limited number of owners. but it seems that there has been a growing number of owners for the last 6 months, attesting to the lens' sharpness at wide open and awesome bokeh by which I concur. and yes, fanboy trolls are also there to discredit this lens as well and would argue that the tests conducted in comparison to their favorite brand pro-grade lens is inaccurate though they don't have such independent lens tests conducted to support their obvious bias. or say nothing positive about the images which clearly affects the status of their lenses. anyway, to anyone who says that this is not a great nor nice portrait lens, must be clearly high on Brand X morphine.