Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-05-2010, 02:21 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Lens price trends forecast

Increased lens prices is no longer a news now. Where do you see it going? Do we see more price increase or it is stabilized now?

Yusuf

05-05-2010, 02:32 AM   #2
Veteran Member

I don't mind competitive price for hi-end products as long as the quality is delivered.

Still i'd like there to be products for casual amateurs, that dont rave after stars an limiteds.

I think the prices will drop a little after the world economy gets better, but they wont reach the same levels unless competition forces to. Because people will be used to those prices, their purchasing capacity will increase and give additional earning to the manufacturer.

Then there is difference between new and used products. Quite unpredictable price swings can be caused by FA lenses for example. It has newer been clear for me, are they still manufactured, will they become rare or a new batch will show up a day later.

We can expect less drastic price changes, than those that happened after HOYA acquired Pentax.
05-05-2010, 04:29 AM   #3
Veteran Member

one knows that every company dreams at Apple style pricing - u increase the price and the demand increases also ))
05-05-2010, 04:42 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I think prices of new items will come down somewhat (for example the DA 15 or D FA 100mm WR), but most items are where they are at and will not likely change a whole lot. I think Pentax will keep their consumer zooms (18-55, 16-45, 55-200, 55-300) pretty low and continue to gradually raise prices on everything else. In a sense, the consumer is the new "normal prime" that used to be sold with all new SLRs.